Monday, February 1, 2016

Chapter 4 Freewrite and Poem

I was born in Log Gatos California September of 1992. Moved to Minnesota to the house I live in now two weeks after I was born. It took us two weeks to drive across half the nation with two parents and two young sisters. When I was four we got two kitties. Katie named one Najha, Christina named the other Mittens. Najha died at the age of seventeen, I was 21. I had her since I was 4. Mittens is still alive and pretty darn healthy for a 19/20 year old cat. When I was 16 on Valentine's Day I started watching DBZ to treat myself since I didn't have a boyfriend. I got hooked and secluded myself to my bedroom to watch DB/Z/GT fanatically. When I was 18 I went to Alateen with my best friend. When I was 16 I didn't take a shower for a month.

1992: a golden haired child was born. They nick-named her Elle.

1996: two kittens are adopted. Elle doesn't get to name either of them.

1997: Elle puts on a black leotard, tail, and has her Mom paint her face. She licks her cat's back every week.

1999: Elle's room is painted her favorite colour, purple. She misses the light beige.

2000: Katie, Elle's oldest sister, introduces Dragonball Z. They watch it every week.

2001: Pokémon boxed macaroni and cheese comes out in stores. Elle cuts the Pokémon cards out.

2003: Katie goes off to band camp. Elle and her Mom buy Final Fantasy X. They can't get Elle off the TV.

2006: 7th grade begins. All of Elle's friends move away.

2008: Elle drops out of public school. Her Mom cries for only a second.

2009: Elle goes through her old things. She finds cardboard Pokémon cut-outs.

2010: Caden is born. Katie is a new mom. Elle feels burdened.

2012: Elle receives her GED. Two weeks later she starts classes at Normandale Community College.

2013: a man named Em texts her if she wants to be his girlfriend. She wants to throw her phone out the window.

2013: She says yes.

2014: Elle joins Phi Theta Kappa. Her parents congratulate her.

2015: Elle's sisters start watching Dragon Ball Z for old-times sake and invite her to join them. Elle brings the snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment