Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Gasp



A/N: I will take suggestions on these!

One thousand year old rock,
turned to sand in minutes,
rubbing between our toes,
our bodies grinding pearls
to medicine we take orally
and otherwise.
Our hearts ,
blue whales finally meeting
after a millennium of diving alone,
coming together, aiding our desperate need
for air.

Now we are left wet and warm,
salty foam on our mouths, chests,
between our legs,
so we let the coral grow back and wait
another thousand years to inhale,
to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like this! I love the imagery you have here, especially in the line "Our hearts, blue whales finally meeting, after a millennium of diving alone, coming together, aiding our desperate need for air." This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much love, Avarie! I'm glad you like it :)
      I'm still wanting to tweak it to really capture my experience with intimacy.

      Delete